2020 Kia Sportage vs 2019 Toyota RAV4
Kia does it again! The 2020 Sportage takes the award-winning CUV’s can-do attitude, dynamic styling, and fun-to-drive personality to a whole new level with innovative technology, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems* (ADAS) features, and a sporty S trim to supplement the LX, EX, and SX Turbo trims.
With Kia's focus on technology, the Sportage now offers a telematics system and an 8-inch touch screen display, which is the largest standard screen size in the Subcompact SUV segment. The driver-centric cockpit features premium craftsmanship, appointed with an abundance of soft-touch materials and sport-inspired details.
The modern compact crossover distinguished by its dynamic styling offers stylish design elements including available LED exterior lighting options, updated front grille, and exhaust tips, plus a variety of new wheel options. All with the capability of an available 2.0-liter turbocharged GDI engine with an output of 240hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, that can be paired with available All-Wheel-Drive (AWD).
Kia says the 2020 Sportage is an “award-winning CUV’s can-do attitude, dynamic styling, and fun-to-drive.” We agree! With all the ways Kia improved upon a top-of-the-line vehicle, we think it's worth a second look. That is if you passed it by.
Tested Comparison Model
Toyota RAV4 LE FWD trim level. Other levels include: Adventure AWD, LE AWD
2020 Kia Sportage
2019 Toyota RAV4
|23 / 30 / 26||MPG (city, highway, combined)||26 / 35 / 30|
|2.4L Inline 4||Engine||2.5L Inline 4|
|181 hp @ 6,000 rpm||Horsepower||203 @ 6,600 rpm|
|Front-wheel drive||Drive Type||Front-wheel drive|
|30.7||Cargo Capacity (cubic feet)||37.6|
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2020!
- Upgraded cloth-trimmed seats with YES Essentials®* are now available on the LX
- SOFINO premium leatherette seats are standard on the EX and new S trims
New exterior color: Steel Gray
- LED headlights on SX Turbo
- New wheel designs
Driver Assist Systems
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist-Ped (FCA-Ped), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Driver Attention Warning (DAW), and High Beam Assist (HBA) are standard on all trims
- Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW) are standard on the S, EX, and SX Turbo and available on the LX
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go (SCC w/ S&G) and Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Auto-Hold are available on the S and EX and standard on the SX Turbo
- Standard 8-inch display audio with support for Android AutoTM & Apple CarPlay® on the LX, S, and EX
- Available D.Audio 1.0 with telematics through the S Premium Package
- AVN5.0 seamless navigation with Harman/kardon® premium audio on the SX Turbo or EX Technology Package
- The wireless phone charger is standard on the SX Turbo and available with S Premium Package or EX Technology Package
Looking at the comparison, we think the 2020 Kia Sportage is a better buy than the 2019 Toyota RAV4. The technology and safety features outweigh the minimal differences in gas mileage and cargo space.
If you're searching for Kia dealers in PA and live close to Gateway Kia Warrington near Philadelphia, call us and schedule a test drive with one of our sales associates. They’ll be happy to answer all your questions and help you find a Kia vehicle that best fits for your needs.
Vehicles showed with optional equipment. Actual price set by dealer and may vary. See dealer for details. Some features are only available as part of packages. Gateway Kia & Kia Motors reserves the right to make changes at any time as to vehicle availability, destination, and handling fees, colors, materials, specifications, features, accessories, packages, and models. Not responsible for typographical or computer errors.