2020 Kia Sportage vs 2019 Mazda CX-5
The 2020 Sportage takes the award-winning CUV’s can-do attitude, dynamic styling, and fun-to-drive personality to a whole new level with innovative technology, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features, and a sporty S trim to supplement the LX, EX, and SX Turbo trims.
New for 2020, Kia's focus is on technology. The Sportage now offers an embedded telematics system and an 8-inch touch screen display, which is the largest standard screen size in the Subcompact SUV segment. The driver-centric cockpit features premium craftsmanship, appointed with an abundance of soft-touch materials and sport-inspired details.
Also for 2020, the Sportage delivers powerful, efficient performance via 2.4L GDI and 2.0L turbocharged engine options. And, customers can enjoy Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features such as Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist-Ped (FCA-Ped), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Driver Attention Warning (DAW), High Beam Assist (HBA), and more. If you’re looking for Kia dealers near Warrington PA, and want the best deal on the new Kia 2020 Sportage with unibody construction, then make Gateway Kia of Warrington PA your first and last stop.
Kia sells the Sportage CUV as a 5 passenger “modern compact crossover” with an elegant design, sweeping curves, sleek lines, and lots of tech features. Kia insists the 2020 Sportage captivates the eye, and we agree.
Mazda CX-5 Trim Levels: Sport, Touring, Grand Touring
Mazda CX-5 Powertrain Option: 2.5L DOHC GDI 4-cyl. engine (187 hp)
2020 Kia Sportage
2019 Mazda CX-5
|19 / 24 / 21||MPG (city, highway, combined)||24 / 30 / 26|
|2.0L Inline 4||Engine||2.5L 4-cyl.|
|237 hp @ 6,000 rpm||Horsepower||187 hp @ 6,000|
|All-wheel drive||Drive Type||All-wheel drive|
|30.7||Cargo Capacity (cubic feet)||30.9|
- The 2.0L Turbo in the Sportage SX Turbo delivers considerably more horsepower and torque compared to the 2.5L engine in CX-5 (FWD: 240 hp vs. 187 hp and 260 lb.-ft. vs. 186 lb.-ft.)
- The Sportage offers sport-tuned suspension on the SX Turbo, unavailable on the CX-5; sport-tuned means unique tuning (versus stock) that provides a more responsive driving feel
Greater Comfort & Convenience
- Sportage’s available convenient Smart Power LiftgateTM allows hands-free access to the cargo area—useful for when your hands are full; CX-5 does not offer a similar feature
- Sportage offers available ventilated seats for the driver and front passenger, these are unavailable on the Mazda CX-5
- Every Sportage trim comes standard with Forward Collision- Avoidance Assist-Ped (FCA-Ped), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and Driver Attention Warning (DAW); these technologies are either optional or not available on the Sport trim for the CX-5
- Sportage comes with High Beam Assist (HBA); this is not available on the CX-5
- Sportage comes standard with support for Android AutoTM & Apple CarPlay®; this is not available on the Sport trim of the CX-5
- Sportage offers a wireless phone charger; this is not available on the CX-5
- Sportage comes with power-folding exterior mirrors on the S, EX, and SX Turbo, which are unavailable on CX-5 at any trim level
- Sportage includes heated exterior mirrors standard on the S, EX, and SX Turbo (and available on LX), whereas the Mazda only offers them on the Grand Touring
If you're searching for Kia dealers near you, visit Gateway Kia of Warrington PA for the perfect deal on a new or pre-owned Kia. Call our customer care department today and schedule a test drive with one of our Warrington sales associates. They’ll be happy to answer all your questions and help you find a Kia vehicle that best fits your needs.
Vehicles showed with optional equipment. Actual price set by dealer and may vary. See dealer for details. Some features are only available as part of packages. Gateway Kia & Kia Motors reserves the right to make changes at any time as to vehicle availability, destination, and handling fees, colors, materials, specifications, features, accessories, packages, and models. Not responsible for typographical or computer errors.