The SUV market just got a little tighter with Kia’s new three-row seating 2020 Telluride. The biggest question SUV drivers have is, “When is the Kia Telluride coming out?” It was only late last year we were informed the big, bold, and boxy SUV is on its way. Now, we’re here to tell you the midsize luxury 2020 Telluride is here in the U.S. and being assembled at Kia’s manufacturing facility in West Point, Georgia. So, be on the look-out because Gateway Auto Sales in Warrington PA will be receiving a limited inventory of Tellurides in February.
When the 2020 Kia Telluride goes on sale this year (pricing will be announced near the on-sale date), it will be available in four trims, LX, EX, S and SX. The first option an SUV enthusiast ordering a Telluride is whether to have front-wheel or optional all-wheel drive. The three-row SUV already comes with comfortable seating for up to eight occupants (includes the driver), a powerful 3.8-liter GDI V6 with 291 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque, commanding exterior design, a premium interior filled with technology to enhance comfort, convenience, utility, and both driver and passenger experience. What more could you ask for?
In the beginning, we said the SUV market just got a little tighter. This is true. Since their cinema appearances, the large dark SUV with tinted windows became an American icon. Used by special branches of law enforcement and the criminal underworld alike, that dark, bold, and boxy stance represented influential power. “The Big Three” car companies, General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler relished in sales and led the American market. But times have changed, they are challenged annually for control of the SUV market. Enter the 2020 Kia Telluride.
However, the Telluride is not a full-size luxury SUV. It is a midsize three-row SUV pushing the limits of its dimensions into the American full-size market. Originally, there was much controversy over whether the Telluride was a full or midsize SUV. It’s larger than the majority of its midsize competition, and slightly under the mark of it full-size leaders.
2020 Kia Telluride: American Design for Americans
As the tag line states, the Telluride is “Designed in America for America.” This is a first for Kia, it was imagined and designed at the Kia Design Center in Irvine, CA. Designers thought the SUV should meet the legendary SUV concept as we mentioned above. A big, bold, and boxy SUV having the ability to travel anywhere and accomplish anything. Designers also thought the Telluride should hold an ample amount of refinement. In addition to the bold stance, the smooth body lines and transitions suggest a posh interior. This is hinted through the:
- Long broad hood and wide grille
- Bold stacked headlamps convey power and stability
- Upright windshield and clean side profile conveys muscular tension
- Inverted “L” tail lamps with LED stripes
- Sculpted rear skid plate with integrated twin exhaust tips
With those strong exterior accents, the 2020 Telluride is sure to have an equally impressive interior that demonstrates a high level of sophistication and elegance. To name a few high points of interior design, upon opening the front door to the Telluride, you immediately see Kia designers had luxury vehicles in mind when they incorporated:
- Grab handles integrated into the center console
- Wide console emphasizing the horizontal by artistic use of premium trim features
- Spacious cabin for generous hip, shoulder, leg, and headroom, including in the third row
If you want to see the Telluride interior for yourself, schedule an appointment today with Gateway Auto Sales in Warrington PA. And, if you are wondering “when is the Kia Telluride coming out” it is this February 2019.
Designed to be Fearless and Proficient
One thing is evident, the Telluride is a cutting-edge SUV designed to perform in a number of driving conditions and environments. Producing an SUV offering the ability to operate in different environments and over various terrains with confidence gives Kia the edge they need for leading the market. The equipment giving rise to the Telluride’s versatility and performance is an Atkinson Cycle LAMBDA II 3.8L V6 GDI engine, producing 291 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 262 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm. The powerful V6 matched with Kia’s 8-speed automatic transmission, which is delivered through the front wheels (or all wheels) and a self-leveling rear suspension, launched the Telluride into position an effective contender.
Superior Comfort, Safety Features, and Driver Assistance Systems
Kia styled the Telluride interior with an upscale attitude, premium materials, attention to detail, and features promoting extravagance and utility. To name a few:
- Double-stitched, quilted and extra-padded Nappa leather trim upholstery
- Interior hooks to keep packs and bags off the floor and away from feet
- Available heated and ventilated first and second-row seats
- Ceiling-mounted second-row climate control
- Reclining third-row seats
- Leather-wrapped, heated, tilt and telescoping steering wheel
As with all Kia models, the 2020 Telluride includes the “Kia Drive Wise” suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems. It’s also packed with amazing high-tech automotive technology. Of the lengthy list of standard and optional equipment, here are some highlights:
- Available 10.25-inch color touchscreen with rearview monitor and parking guidance
- Available 630-watt, 10-speaker Harman/Kardon audio system (AM/FM/SiriusXM8) with Quantum Logic
- Surround Sound and Clari-Fi
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Available wireless smartphone charging
- Available six total USB charging ports – two in each row. Five ports are standard
- Available multi-Bluetooth wireless connectivity allows two phones to connect simultaneously
What we found Kia most attractive is the assortment of technologies and additional Kia driver-assistance systems never seen before. So, they are a first for Kia’s SUV lineup. Some of the options designed into the 2020 Telluride are:
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (BCA-R)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA)
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA)
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Driver Talk
- Quiet Mode
- Rear Occupant Alert
Lastly, we’ll have a limited delivery of the 2020 Kia Telluride but you can order any of the four trims, LX, EX, S and SX with an option of front-wheel or all-wheel drive. Again, if you’re curious when is the Kia Telluride is coming out, it will be on the showroom floor this February 2019. Contact Gateway Auto Sales in Warrington PA and make reservations for a special viewing!