If you have a Kia vehicle with Voice Recognition, Kia recommends familiarizing yourself with the preinstalled voice recognition system commands. A complete list of voice commands can be found here. The commands are essential to aid in hands-free media operation. Pennsylvania only bans texting and wearing headphones while driving, but Kia thinks two hands on the wheel is safer than one. Promoting safety is important to Gateway Kia Warrington Sales and Service personnel. That’s why they’ll provide you with a thorough understanding of how voice recognition works.
Starting Voice Recognition
The number one thing to keep in mind for guiding you through the onboard voice recognition system:
- Press the “Talk” or “Voice” button on the steering wheel, and state the command “HELP” to display a list of preset commands.
Don’t forget to ask your Gateway Kia Warrington Sales and Service specialist for the voice recognition visor cards. Most importantly, once you have a visor card, do the following:
- Look at the most called contacts on your phone.
- Be sure full names are used and not nicknames like “Mom” or “Dad”.
- Never use special characters or emojis in your contacts.
- The 2017/2018 MY Sedona or Soul with Standard Audio only offers voice recognition capability through an iPhone paired and connected through Siri (Note: Non-iPhones can still be paired and connected through Bluetooth).
- 2018 MY Rio’s with Standard Audio does not have voice recognition capability.
- Kia vehicles equipped with CarPlay/Android Auto offer an enhanced voice recognition experience.
- Plus, don’t forget to ask our staff for the voice recognition takeaway cards. They are found in the Delivery First display stand. The cards offer helpful tips for using Kia’s onboard voice recognition.
- The Delivery First display stand has a scannable QR code. The QR code will open a link to a video explaining how to use the voice recognition system.
Gateway Kia Warrington PA service experts always recommend updating to the latest released iOS version on your device. The latest iOS version or operating system update contains connectivity and compatibility improvements for third-party app and devices.
As with all features, Kia recommends you spend time in your vehicle with a Gateway Kia Warrington PA sales representative. Your trained Warrington representative is ready to help you operate new features using UVO and Voice Recognition. Gateway Kia Warrington PA follows a “perfect delivery process” to ensure you receive an excellent customer experience.