Warrington Kia Service Tips: Wireless Smartphone Charging
Many smartphones users now look for vehicles with Wireless smartphone charging installed. Why? The untidy wires tangled over desks or the control panel 0f vehicles. Most customers who want this technology are confused with the basic operation, so they go back to using USB cables.
Qi wireless smartphone charging
Qi wireless charging is installed in Kia vehicles. If you’re wondering, Qi is pronounced “k-EE” but without a sharp sounding K. This charging system is an open (public) universal standard for wireless charging. It was created by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) and defines wireless power transfer between two devices over a distance. The system normally uses a charging pad and a compatible device (in this case, a phone), which is placed on top of the pad.
A compatible phone or case is required
Kia requires a Qi compatible smartphone or compatible phone case. A compatible phone case is used with phones without the ability to wireless charge. Examples of Qi compatible phones that don’t require a special case or accessory, are Apple iPhone 8 or later, and Samsung S7, S8, and S9 devices.
Steps for using Wireless Smartphone Charging include:
- Place the phone on the center of the charging pad.
- Ensure the vehicle is “on” and the doors are closed for wireless charging to be available.
- The indicator near the vehicle charger illuminates “amber” when the phone is charging.
- Depending on the phone used, you may see a “green” indicator once charging is complete. Note: The indicator changing to “green” when fully charged is dependent upon the phone being used. In some cases, the indicator may stay amber even when fully charged.
- Some phones will not charge wirelessly when connected to the USB.
- Phone case thickness can impact the charge rate.
- Avoid placing coins, credit cards, paper clips, pens, jewelry, and other objects on the charging pad while charging.
If you have a compatible smartphone, try the Wireless Smartphone Charging for yourself!
As with all features, Kia advises you spend time in your vehicle with a Gateway Kia Warrington PA sales representative. Your Warrington representative is qualified to help you navigate new features such as theWireless Smartphone Charging. Gateway Kia Warrington PA practices a “perfect delivery process” that ensures an excellent customer experience.